If you´re looking for a new protective shell jacket, you should have the Arcteryx Alpha Jacket (GEN 2) on your list. The Alpha provides comfort from storms, pouring rain, snow and wind. Made for everyday use in the most in-climate conditions.
Arc’teryx has revised the technology and features to include: technical construction, lighter weight (with less tape and stitching) this also, increases the breathability of the shell. They used the MN70-X Gore-TEX® Fabric to construct this shell. This fabric is the best on the market and will withstand oils from skin, guns and petroleum!
- MN70p-X GORE-TEX® fabric is exceptionally durable, fully waterproof and windproof, and breathable
- StowHood™ makes use of more compact MN40p-X GORE-TEX® 3L fabric to fit neatly inside the collar without bulk
- #5 WaterTight™ Vislon front zipper with back flap
- WaterTight™ pit zippers vent heat rapidly
- Two internal stretch pockets, two bicep pockets, two large volume chest pockets; media ports allow for internal routing of communications cables
- Internal, vertically routed hem drawcord minimizes interference with duty belt
- 4×4 Velcro® sleeve patches for C/S and IFF identifier
The jacket is available from Tactical Distributors in two colors: Crocodile and Wolf. Product link: http://www.tacticaldistributors.com/arcteryx-alpha-jacket-leaf-gen-2