SORD releases new “Mountain And Cold Weather Operations” – MACWO Jacket
The new Sord – Mountain and Cold Weather Operations (MACWO) Jacket is loaded with features based on lessons learned and years of experience in the field. External hand pockets with inverted zips to avoid zip bite and provide additional comfort. Internal lining fabric aids the capture and retention of warm air, minimising snagging and grabbing of base layer clothing. Large billowed and adjustable hood is removable with a single large tooth zip with ample space for caps and ear muffs to be worn.
A long time in the making: Tested, refined, tested, refined and now ready to go… Available in both a single layer (80GSM) OR double layer (160GSM) fill to match your intended AO. Prima-Loft insulating fabric core with a Rip-Stop Duro Epsilon outer shell fabric designed for strength and protection in cold weather environments.
During testing in January this year, SORD had the jackets in -25oC with only a t-shirt underneath, the jacket retains warmth exceptionally well with the large bellows, draw cords and insulated hood.
SORD MACWO Jacket Features
- Multicam Epsilon shell fabric from Duro with Nanosphere treatment.
- Abrasion / Water / Wind resistant, berry compliant shell fabric.
- PrimaLoft insulation fill.
- Single full length centre zip design.
- Full length centre zip with storm flap, YKK large tooth zip, colour matched.
- Frontal zip storm flap with Velcro tabs for secure closure.
- Adjustable, elasticised wrist cuffs with Velcro tab.
- Wrist glove loops.
- External lower hand pockets with inverted zips for enhanced comfort.
- Colour matched YKK Zippers with single sliders throughout the jacket.
- Two Internal zippered pockets for additional storage.
- Zippered and removable hood with storm flap, zip overlap baffle and Velcro closure.
- Horizontal baffled loft segments for uniformed insulation spread.
- Twin adjustable elastic shock cords in lower seam.
- Extremely warm and highly compressible design.