The Popular M&P M2.0 Pistol Now Available in .45 AUTO
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Smith & Wesson Corp. announced that it has begun shipping its highly anticipated M&P45 M2.0 pistol chambered in .45 AUTO. Designed for personal, sporting, and professional use, the M&P M2.0 pistol delivers an entirely new platform, introducing innovative features in nearly every aspect of the pistol, including the trigger, grip, frame, and finish.
Matt Buckingham, President of the Firearms Division, said, “The new M&P M2.0 is one of the most advanced production pistols on the market today, and the consumer and law enforcement response to the 9mm and .40 S&W configurations has been remarkable, with several agencies currently evaluating the pistol. The M&P45 M2.0 features all of the enhancements found in the popular M&P M2.0 platform, and was an essential addition to the M&P M2.0 product line. The .45 AUTO is a common caliber for personal, sporting and professional use, and we are pleased to announce that the M&P45 M2.0 is now available for purchase in stores across the nation.”
Highlights of the new M&P M2.0 pistol platform include an extended stainless-steel chassis and high grip to barrel bore axis ratio for reduced muzzle rise and faster aim recovery. The M&P M2.0 pistol further improves performance with a fine-tuned, crisper trigger, lighter pull, and a tactile and audible reset. The pistol, available in three calibers, includes an aggressively-textured grip and four interchangeable palmswell inserts for optimal hand-fit and trigger reach. The M&P M2.0 is an ideal pistol for all shooters in all conditions.
Superior Ergonomic Design
• M&P pistol’s optimal 18-degree grip angle, providing a natural point of aim
• M&P pistol high grip-to-barrel bore axis – more comfortable to shoot, faster aim recovery
• Four interchangeable dimensional palmswell grips for best-in-class fit: S, M, ML, L
• New aggressive M2.0 textured grip for enhanced control
• New front cocking serrations
• New M2.0 crisp trigger with lighter trigger pull
• Tactile and audible trigger reset
• Accurate 1 in 10″ twist 9mm and .40 S&W, and 1 in 15″ twist .45 AUTO M&P M2.0 barrels
• Extended rigid embedded stainless steel chassis to reduce flex and torque when firing
• Tactical white 3-dot steel sights for quick target acquisition
• Ambidextrous slide stop, reversible magazine release, and optional ambidextrous thumb safety
• Simple M&P take-down lever, for easy disassembly and maintenance
• M&P pistol sear deactivation lever – safe take-down without having to pull the trigger
• Armornite® – hardened nitride durable corrosion resistant finish on barrel and slide
• Cerakote® FDE finish over Armornite® on Flat Dark Earth M2.0 slides
The M&P M2.0 pistol base model is priced within reach, at an MSRP of $599. It is available in the three most popular pistol calibers: 9mm, .40S&W and now .45 AUTO. The striker-fire, semi-automatic polymer pistol is available in Matte Black or Flat Dark Earth (FDE) finishes, depending on caliber, and includes two magazines, a limited lifetime warranty, and a lifetime service policy.