Introducing the new KWA AKG-74SU Gas Blowback Rifle.
The new KWA AKG-74SU is an exact replication of the AKS-74U and features realistic field-stripping. The firing action of the bolt carrier group has also been faithfully reproduced and includes safe, full, and semi-automatic firing modes.
The AKS-74U is a compact version of the AKS-74 (“U”—Russian: Ukorochenniy, or “shortened”) and was developed in the late 1970s. The AKS-74U was intended for use as a personal defense weapon for vehicle crews, airborne infantry, and special operations forces. Each demanded a short, but relatively powerful automatic weapon.
Although the AKS-74U had the size and maneuverability of a typical submachine gun, its biggest draw was that it fired the Russian 5.45×39 rifle cartridge. Firing an intermediate rifle cartridge allowed the AKS-74U to pack more firepower than a regular submachine gun, which usually fired weaker pistol caliber rounds.
It also shared components with the general issue AK-74, making it convenient for soldiers to acquire parts when needed.
KWA AKG-74SU GBBR Features
• AK Side Optic Mount
• Adjustable Front and Rear Sights
• Fiber Reinforced Hand Guard
• Side Folding Skeleton Stock
• Type 4 Adjustable Hop-Up
• Gas Operated Recoil Blowback
• Full Metal Alloy Receiver
KWA AKG-74SU GBBR Tech Specs
• Rate of fire: 14+ RPS
• Velocity: 100-107 MPS [330-350 FPS] • Energy Output with 0.20g BB: 1.20 Joules
• Propellant: Green Gas
• Magazine Capacity: 40 Rounds
• Inner Barrel Diameter: 6.05mm
• Inner Barrel Length: 215.9mm [8.5”] • Overall Length (Folded): 50.17cm [19.75”] • Overall Length (Extended): 74.3cm [29.33″] • Weight: 2.92 kg [6.44 lbs]