Hill People Gear releases the Qui-Ya Backpack, their new high capacity outdoors backpack.
The qui-Ya is Hill People Gear’s dedicated large volume multiday internal frame backpack. It is built on the same heavy duty chassis as the Ute backpack, but with a 28” frame and 29.5” overall height as well as a larger diameter bag. This yields an approximate ~5500 ci volume (conservatively). At a weight of 6.25lbs, the qui-Ya has a very favorable weight to volume / load capacity ratio.
The pack bag consists of a main compartment, 1.5” tall zippered top pocket, generous wand pockets, and a Velcro loop field on the underside of the zippered top lid. Materials include 1000d cordura on the suspension side and bottom, hypalon details, and 500d cordura for the rest. The chassis is dual 7000 series aluminum stays landed in the included Prairie Belt, HPG’s signature contoured shoulder harness, and an HDPE framesheet. The qui-Ya is made in the USA by First Spear out of US materials.
Just like its little brother the Ute, the qui-Ya can be expanded with a selection of optional back pockets depending on the user’s needs. The addition of a back pocket increases volume and organization, but it also turns the pack into a load hauler frame as the situation warrants.
The HPG-original pulley compression system controls load very effectively and also allows the pack to be collapsed to nearly empty while still maintaining excellent load cohesion.
- ~5500+ ci capacity
- Price includes Prairie Belt. When ordering, be sure to add a Prairie Belt in your choice of sizes and colors and then use the coupon code “utebelt” to remove the price of the Prairie Belt from your purchase.
- 500d, 1000d, and hypalon construction
- dual 7075 aluminum stays 1/8″x1″
- removable lightweight framesheet rides in internal hydration / framesheet pocket
- hydration port
- HPG original pulley compression that can be used with and without an external pocket. when used with an external pocket, the external pocket can be used as a free floating compression panel or locked in for “almost sewn” performance
- single main compartment
- 3 heavily reinforced internal hang loops on inside suspension side of pack for hanging heavy items
- dual wand pockets
- velcro field on underside of top lid for mounting velcro pouches
- HPG original pulley suspension for adjustable shoulder articulation
- $5 of the proceeds from every qui-Ya pack sold goes to the Ute Tribal Scholarship Fund