BAE Systems, Inc. was awarded a $444,812,310 firm-fixed-price contract from the US Army for Individual and Enhanced Night Vision Goggle III weapons sights. Estimated completion date is May 6th, 2019. Read below the press release.
BAE Systems’ ENVG III/FWS-I integrated night vision targeting solution provides dismounted soldiers with a dependable and highly effective rapid target acquisition capability.
In partnership with the U.S Army Night Vision and Electronic Sensors Directorate, has integrated these two devices with Rapid Target Acquisition (RTA) technology. Under the U.S. Army’s Enhanced Night Vision Goggle III and Family of Weapon Sight-Individual (ENVG III/FWS-I) program, BAE Systems is currently qualifying and initiating production of the integrated night vision targeting solution for deployment to the field.
BAE Systems has developed a wireless video interface between the weapon sight and goggle so imagery from the weapon sight will be transmitted to the goggle and viewed via the goggle display in real time. This RTA capability eliminates the need for soldiers to rely on aiming lasers, so they are able to remain covert.
Key Operational Advantages
- Weapon sight imagery is viewed by the soldier in his goggle which shortens the engagement timeline.
- Wireless interface between the weapon sight and goggle maximizes the soldier’s maneuverability.
- Advanced high resolution thermal imagers extend the goggle and weapon sight target acquisition ranges.
- Light weight and small size reduces soldier fatigue.
- Low power reduces battery usage and operating costs.
Read more at their website: www.baesystems.com/product/ENVG III/FWS-I-integrated nightvisiontargetingsolution