The all new Aimpoint® Micro T-2 taking the performance of compact reflex sights to an entirely new level.
Aimpoint has just officially unveiled its newest red dot sight, the Micro T-2. The T-2 is a completely upgraded version of the wildly-successful Micro T-1, which has set many standards for red dot sights and is thought by many to be one of if not the best micro red dot sight on the market.
Chantilly, VA – October, 2014 – Aimpoint, the originator and world leader in electronic red dot sighting technology, has announced the addition of the new Micro T-2 sight to the company’s professional product line. The Micro T-2 will be available for shipment in mid-October 2014, and will be offered alongside the company’s existing Micro T-1 product.
Since its introduction in 2007, the Aimpoint Micro sight has become the worldwide standard for compact reflex sights. Law enforcement and military end users have embraced this sight for its compact size, durability, and extremely long battery life. Feedback received from professional end users identified a series of desired product enhancements that have now been added to this new product. These changes include: a new sight housing which allows the addition of front and rear protective flip covers and anti-reflective devices, additional physical protection for the sight’s adjustment turrets, and increased ruggedness for the sight’s internal electronic components. The most important development in this new sight however, is enhanced optical performance. A newly designed front lens, incorporating an important breakthrough in reflective lens coatings, provides a noticeable increase in the clarity and performance properties of the Micro T-2. This ensures that no matter what angle or conditions the shot presents, the user is able to get on target quickly and accurately.
“Instead of merely making improvements to an existing product, our development group started with a completely new design” said Brian Lisankie, President of Aimpoint Inc. “in terms of the optical components, the Micro T-2 takes the level of performance available from a compact sight to an entirely new level. It also provides features and performance formerly available only in much larger optics.”
The Micro T-2 can be mounted on nearly any individual weapon platform, and can be used with all existing mounts that fit the Micro T-1. This sight is compatible with all generations of night vision devices. The Micro T-2 is ideal for use with Aimpoint’s wide range of accessories including the 3X Magnifier, and Concealed Engagement Unit (CEU). The Micro T-2 can operate for up to five years of constant-on use, using just one CR-2032 battery, and is waterproof to 25 meters. The Micro T-2 will be available from Aimpoint dealers nationwide. For more information on Aimpoint or the company’s products, visit our webpage at www.aimpoint.com
Aimpoint – Micro T2 Features
- Advanced optical lenses for even better light transmission
- Front Flip-up lens cover is included
- Transparent rear Flip-up lens cover is included
- Reinforced protection of the turrets for even greater ruggedness
- Ideal for rifles, carbines, shotguns, submachine guns, and handguns
- Weight 3.7 oz. (105g) including mount, sight only 3.0 oz. (84g)
- 1X (non-magnifying) parallax free optic
- Compatible will all generations of Night Vision Devices (NVD)
- 1 Off position, 4 night vision compatible settings and 8 daylight settings – one extra bright for use with laser protection glasses or in bright desert sunlight
- Integral Picatinny-style base allows easy attachment to any rail
- ACET technology allows 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation with one battery
- Available in 2 MOA dot size
- Hard anodized non-reflective finish
- Submersible to 80 feet (25 meters)
- Use as a standalone sight or piggybacked on larger magnifying, thermal, or night vision optics