UPDATE 13.03.2016: Since our latest press release “Copyright Infringement by AE Airsoft News Blog” (09/03/2016) the owner of AE Airsoft News Blog contacted us. We negonated with them, that they have to change the name of the blog, social media and any profile on the web and offline and we will no longer consider any legal actions against them. As of yesterday, all these requirements were fullfilled and we can paecefully work on. Thanks again to all our supporters, business partners and readers!
DEAR PARTNERS, SUPPORTERS & READERS
At IWA 2016 we found out, that a group of people from Spain has copied our whole website/blog identity and uses it for themselves. The name of these guy’s project is called “AE Airsoft News Blog”. The Domain was registered on 2015-10-28 by a guy from Barcelona, Spain. This information is available free and legal in the internet here: http://who.is/whois/aeairsoftnews.com
NOTE: There will be no photographic evidence in this article as we are not going to infringe copyright just to provide proof. We can provide photographic evidence on request however you can look at the evidence by viewing their website and comparing them for yourselves.
COPYING OUR NAME AND USING A SIMILAR DOMAIN
As you know we use the symbol “AE” as our logo and also the term “Airsoft News Blog” (+ Military). They use “AE Airsoft News Blog”.
COPYING OUR LAYOUT (WEBSITE)
They also copied the complete layout of our website. Just have a look at their website and compare it to ours: http://aeairsoftnews.com
You can see that the structure, categories, banner placements etc. is exactly the same. They copied our layout at around November 2015 and changed the domain from “Comunidad Airsoft Espana” to “AE Airsoft News Blog”
COPYING OF DESCRIPTIONS (WEBSITE)
They also use our description from every author and they only changed the names to their needs. They also use the same title structure as we do on our articles. If you translate the page into English, you can see that the descriptions are exactly the same as ours.
COPYING OF DESCRIPTIONS (SOCIAL MEDIA)
Even on social media they use descriptions from our facebook and other social media channels.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Please tell us if these guys used our company name to get contacts, ads or try to get a cooperation at IWA or in any other way.
- Please don’t or stop cooperate with or support these guys, which are cheap copycats. We did a lot of hard work over the past 5 years to get attention and trust from our partners and the industry.
- Share the press release from us at your social media channels like facebook, google+ and twitter to let other know that we are aware of them being copycats.
- We already ensured a lot of proofs about copyright violations by them. But we are looking for more copyright violations at the moment, so that we can take further legal actions against them. Send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please doublecheck always if you get a e-mail or message on social media from a real Airsoft & Military News Blog team member. All team members can be found here.
Thank you for your attention and support!
Manager & Founder
Airsoft & Military News Blog
Image source: Project Gecko